Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A FIX for my crashing to desktop in P6!

Danava opened this issue on Mar 23, 2005 ยท 20 posts

hauksdottir posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 7:53 AM

Funny how it is the little things... like being able to read the fonts, or telling it to quit a search and having it obey (wow!), or compare renders with a flick of a slider.... :) My workbeasts don't have firewalls or anti-spyware or whatever since they are never connected to the Internet. This old WIN98 box does connect... but nothing is networked to it. It has a CD burner. I'd rather hand-carry a disk than leave my system open to whomever next exploits a backdoor. Having an old sacrificial "Internet box" is always an option. That way you can read email and browse the forums while a render is brewing, or be reading a tutorial on one monitor while working on another. Norton used to be wonderful... a real life and hair saver... but something happened a few years back. Norton's disk-scanning tools keep throwing up false messages and don't repair things they said they repaired. After a few go-rounds, I decided that I just can't trust it implicitly anymore. Since so many applications say to turn off Norton or anti-virus when installing them, there must be a reason why they interfere. It might be due to the monitoring process, but then CleanSweep and such utilities would also get in the way. Carolly