Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 has some great new features, yet DAZ Figures still reign supreme.

Blitter opened this issue on Mar 23, 2005 ยท 46 posts

randym77 posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 10:07 AM Online Now!

Cath always does great textures. She's made textures for Dork that are absolutely stunning.

The low-res versions of Jessi and James have a lot fewer polys than M3 and V3. They are roughly the resolution of V2.

When I said they looked toony, I didn't mean the texture or the lighting. I meant their bodies, really. The shape, not the textures. Jessi is lovely, but not terribly realistic. That tiny waist and super-long legs...even your average supermodel doesn't have proportions like that. Her knees are way too pronounced to be realistic, ditto the muscles on her stomach. Perhaps "toon" was the wrong word to use. She looks more "comic-like" to me. Not as in funny, as in the sort of human figures you see in comic books, with exaggerated lines and muscles. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing; might be a smart thing to do, actually. Leave DAZ the realistic market, and carve out your own.

Of course, she has the resolution to be morphed into just about any shape, but the joints are a more serious problem. Jessi is jointed like Posette, which is why she poses so awkwardly. James' chest is better, but I think he still has no buttocks, like Dork.