Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 has some great new features, yet DAZ Figures still reign supreme.

Blitter opened this issue on Mar 23, 2005 ยท 46 posts

maclean posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 5:05 PM

I can't contribute to the figure debate because P6 hasn't arrived yet. But I do want to say something.

This whole CL vs DAZ thing may have been an issue in the past, but the only reason it's still going is because we users keep talking about it. Before I say anything else, read this quote from Steve Yatson at CL (posted 2 days ago in this forum)

'I do want to say however that Dan Farr and DAZ have been very supportive of the Poser 6 release and of Curious Labs, as we are of DAZ and their contributions to the Poser community. Everyone involved would like to see these types of suggestions and assumptions a thing of the past.

Steve Yatson
Curious Labs'

Think about it logically. These guys are all in the same business, but there's very little reason for conflict. DAZ sells content. CL sell software. What's the problem? Why do they have to be at war? They're interdependent, not enemies. DAZ depend on CL software and the poser market. Cl depend on DAZ for older content rights and to keep the content market alive.

Whatever happened in the past with the P5 release and the CL EULA seems to long gone and forgotten by both sides. Can't we give it a rest too?

mac Edit - I just want to add that this isn't aimed at the original post or any other posters, but rather, the general community assumption that one company has to outdo the other.

Message edited on: 03/24/2005 17:07