Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 - A disappointment

Mason opened this issue on Mar 25, 2005 ยท 59 posts

maclean posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 7:32 PM

'3. Cancel button does nothing of the kind. Nothing has changed here from P5' That's one of the few things (in P5) that actually does work for me like it's supposed to. P6 hasn't arrived yet, so I can't check it. But you know what? I'm really beginning to think that, for whatever bizarre reason, poser runs differently on every computer. For example, just about everybody on the planet except me and a few other folk can get 'Show Figure Circle' and 'Show Camera Names' to go away and stay away. I can't. I've tried every combination of preferred state/looking in the xmls/preferred.pz3 and I cannot get these options to go. Every time I open a new scene, they're back again. This has happened to a couple of other people (Little Dragon is one, IIRC), but most people have no problem. Re P6 - My main concern (as I wait for it arriving) is that the focus issues haven't been fixed either. If I have to click all over the place to get alt-menu shortcuts to work, I'm going to be an unhappy camper. It drives me nuts in P5. 'Overall I would trade off the point lights etc for fixes in bugs that have been reported time and time and time again' Amen and Hallelejah, brother! I'd trade every single room (except the material room) for a program that has normal dialogs and a smooth workflow. mac PS Do other P5 users get these things? 1. Every library entry I make has Capital Letters, no matter what I type. 2. Every time I switch to the material room, the damn material library opens (and clicking in the main interface won't make it go away), then when I exit, it opens Poses for me. WTF is that about? And don't tell me it's useful. Useful like the library automatically closing when you start a new scene? The one thing you'll probably want to use closes?