Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser crashing on XP

lookoo opened this issue on Apr 01, 2005 ยท 16 posts

constantine_1234 posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 9:10 AM

You mentioned having a virus in the past, but do not mention if you have an antivirus and firewall program. If you don't, then you most likely picked up something again. I'm a bit confused by such terms as "evacuate," in relation to your computer. Perhaps English is not your primary language? That's ok, your message is otherwise fairly clear. It does sound like the people who are giving you computer advice don't know that much about computers. One thing about computer problems: You need to fix whatever caused the problem, or the problem keeps repeating. The best way to do this is to take it one step at a time. I can tell you Windows XP is an excellent operating system. You need to be sure and keep your hardware drivers up to date. You need to perform regular maintenance on your computer. I prefer using Norton's Speed Disk and One button checkup for that task. I did eliminate Norton Internet Security 2005 in favor of PC-Cillin Internet Security Suite, but that was before buying Poser 6. I disagree on keeping your graphics computer "pure." This computer is a multi-purpose computer. I use it to surf the web, create CD labels, make web sites, etc. However, I do not play games. I just don't have the time or patience.