Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser crashing on XP

lookoo opened this issue on Apr 01, 2005 ยท 16 posts

lookoo posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 10:50 AM

With "evacuate" I meant copy all the stuff you want to keep from C partition to another partition and then uninstall/delete anything on the C partition. Then reinstall Windows on C and the necessary things like Word, Drivers, Internet browsers. I did have McAffee antivirus and still have it and used to run it once a month, maybe not often enough ;) Sooo... Scandisc, defragmentation, antispyware...? Maybe getting rid of Quicktime?(Silke just found out that to be a P6 issue...)? And getting the latest hardware drivers, of course. The funny thing is that everything worked well for seven months after I had done the evacuate C /flatten C /reinstall stuff on C thing. Before Poser would never finish a render before crashing. Afterwards everything was running again. BTW, how do I check if programs can coexist "step by step" when after my last C partition purge everything worked perfectly OK for 7 months? I am also pretty sure I didn't catch a virus again. The virus checks didn't show anything. Really odd... I am still pondering if I should follow the road to two separate computer systems - one for graphic works, one for the rest. I would really prefer to have it all on one machine. I will have to "evacuate" the computer lair because that's going to be turned into a room for my 8 months old daughter. And my wife prolly won't love it when I turn the living room into a computer command center with not one but two work stations ;) BTW, has anyone experienced pretty much the same actually? Or are we talking on a somewhat theoretical level here? Cheers, LooKoo