Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser crashing on XP

lookoo opened this issue on Apr 01, 2005 ยท 16 posts

Magik1 posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 11:19 AM

Hi again lookoo I had a situation when I first got Poser5, I just COULD NOT get poser to run anywhere near properly. If I ran Poser during the same session as Photoshop 5 ie. without re starting my PC in between. Poser would just hang or take an age to load items from the library. I had cause to re format my C drive one time and after re loading all my software by chance left off Photoshop,Poser worked like a dream! I didn't make the connection at the time, believing it was the re format that had done the trick. So I reinstalled Photoshop....Right back to square one! The very same thing happened when I got Photoshop 7 but interestingly all worked fine with Photoshop CS. I,ve got a PC based home recording studio that I had a very similer problem with that was sorted using the same approach, but I won't go into that. It's only a thought, that's all..It might help, it might not, in any case it would be a case of clear everything off your drive, install poser and try it if it works, add one more prog. at a time and test again until you hit a problem then you'll know for sure.