Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara Activity

sparrownightmare opened this issue on Apr 02, 2005 ยท 67 posts

InfoCentral posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 8:22 PM

I see your point, if Softimage is as good as I have been hearing, then I think Eovia needs to >rethink their pricing policies. I almost purchased the upgrade to Carrara 4 Pro when Eovia got so cheep the stopped giving away the t-shirt and booklet deal (that's another story in itself). So not being in a hurry I ran across the XSI deal a couple of days later and my eyes were open to the fact the prices were dropping on 3D apps all around me and I realized that the investment was best spent elsewhere. More bang for the buck if you know what I mean? CArrara was no longer a good deal, it was overpriced for the current market. "...in 2002 Alias stunned the computer graphics industry by dropping the price of Maya Complete by 73% and Maya Unlimited by 56%. And while the price is now more affordable to creative professionals then ever, users never have to compromise their creative intent: Maya is the best value for the 3D content creator's dollar." Alias And SoftImage followed shortly after dropping Foundation from $2000 to $500. Around this time is where Eovia, I guess, thought it would be a great idea to raise their price on Carrara by 50%. What's wrong with this picture? Is it any wonder why activity has dropped off? Eovia, give us users here a break; at least on the upgrade price.