Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: No guarantees fo compatibility between Poser 6 and DAZ products?!?

Grimmshaw opened this issue on Apr 05, 2005 ยท 23 posts

hpdrag posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:58 AM

Okay, here my specs: Maxdata Processor: GenuineIntel 3,1 Ghz ASUS-Bios 2 Gig Ram 60 Gig diskspace free on swapdisk Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440, 64 mb RAM i have to add that i'm a power user, that means i have a lot of rather huge scenes at the limits that poser5 could render. i loaded one of those scenes in p6 (2 V3, 2 M3LE, all clothed, some easy background stuff, 3 lights). This should become the first serious test of p6. Loading and OpenGL-Preview worked fine. But the render locked up while 'loading textures', the render window became gray and nothing happened for a long time. I reduced the scene, checked all texture stuff and so on, and so some hours of work later i found, that the only problem were V3Tunic and pant - without those everything worked fine. I made another test: one V3, one Tunic, one pant; conformed the clothes, and it rendered without any problem. Then i saved this V3 with clothes to the library as cr2. When i try to import this cr2, i always run in one of two problems (randomly): 1. poser locks and doesn't show anything; it's ctrl+alt+del-time or 2. poser opens the file, but the clothes are shifted along the x-Axes away from the V3 and seem to have one point somewhere at x->infinity. Poser locks as soon as if i try to move the camera or select anything. ctrl+alt+del-time again Did you make a new scene and rendered this, or did you import a v3 that is clothed with pants/tunic? I don't think that it is anything on my system, because meanwhile i have done some serious tests with p6. Beside of the wellknown memory bug :-(((, i don't have problems with it. I really can say, that once this bug is corrected, i will love Poser6 - compared with the first P5-version it is like heaven :-).