Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: CuriousLabs treating long time customer very badly

chevy opened this issue on Apr 07, 2005 ยท 81 posts

ratscloset posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 1:20 PM

Not to imply that this is the situation, but I once bought a Program in the box from a "Dealer" only to discover when I went to upgrade the product a couple of years later that the product I had was good, but owned by a corporation. Apparently the "Dealer" was selling the delivered box sets that a Corporation use to receive when they bought numerous licenses, but only installed one and then the Systems people used that install to place it on the rest of the machines. This is still done, and is the reason I no longer buy from small vendors. Many Computer Shows are filled with these types of deals, as is E-Bay with users selling off their old copies after they upgrade. You can use the supplied Serial Number to activate the software to use it, but when you go to upgrade, it comes back as an "Invalid" for purposes of Upgrades because the original owner had already upgraded the software using that Serial Number. I had a friend who just discovered his 1/2 price deal on Quick Books was no deal for this same reason.

ratscloset
aka John