Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: 3ds to obj file converter.....

Binx opened this issue on Jan 25, 2001 ยท 14 posts

MikeJ posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 7:49 PM

hmm. BG, i'd have to get back to you on that one, because I don't want to give wrong info, and honestly I don't mess with it that much since my prefferrred renderer can take care of all that automatically by editing materials and functions. With Poser, a UV template is an absolute essential thing, when it comes to texturing, but not so with other 3D software. Be not discouraged, though. I am not an expert at texturing , but many here ARE, and will happily give you well-informed info. Write to Steve Cox. Believe me, he's alot more approachable than you might think. Ask questions here, too, of course. Specific questions. I'm afraid that any answers I might give you might be more akin to my own observations/suppositions, rather than actual Poser fact. Possibly, write to Syyd--there is a woman who most definitely really knows about texturing. And if you can get Jaager's attention, ask HIM-- 'nuff said---you WILL be told the right way and you WILL understand! But as for me,I am but a Poser peon, still with far more questions of my own than answers! --Mike