Forum: Photography

Subject: April night shots

greybeard101 opened this issue on Apr 09, 2005 ยท 16 posts

greybeard101 posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 5:21 PM

It was an old Train Depot...now a museum. The railway was moved a few feet to the right and no longer carries passenger trains...strictly freight and they thunder through this old historic town.....something I hope to capture at night also. I heard a horn last night and waited but must have been on the other side of the river. Canadian National runs along this south side ( this is an old CN Depot)...it's the Government affiliated line....and Canadian Pacific ( privateer) runs along the north side. CP was always considered the better of the two in passenger service. We came across Canada on the CP train "The Canadian" back in '59..took three days....a far cry from the train trips we took regularly in England. I ended up working for Canadian Pacific, but in the Airline division..my first full-time job. ..in an office...made my parents proud....me?..I would rather have been designing automobiles in Detroit. Ice can be arranged... Andreas said he would bring a truck load as he more than enough at home....... ;-)