Forum: Fractals

Subject: PRINTING FRACTALS

DIANE603 opened this issue on Apr 12, 2005 ยท 15 posts

Dagfari posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 6:30 AM

Your printing should look fairly close to what you see on your screen. Many times, people have their monitor set too bright. The computer doesn't know or care about the source of the image when it prints. In other words, it doesn't know the difference between a photograph and a fractal. It's all just pixels. What program do you use to print? I suggest Adobe Photoshop. As for Timbuk2, don't print from a JPG. Make sure you render your fractals to a lossless format like BMP to ensure maximum quality. For both of you, here is the acid test. Take your BMP fractal file to a copy center and have it printed out there on a colour laser printer. Have it printed on quality card stock. I use the Xerox DocuColor CS50 for all my work. I find it produces the most vibrant results because of the type of ink it uses. Compare your results with what you see on your screen. This kind of printing is accurate and very inexpensive. PS: Printing full quality colour images on card stock using your own printer is much more expensive.