Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 512RAM which System

Patschulynn opened this issue on Apr 13, 2005 ยท 28 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 9:38 PM

*in Poser I've done scenes with 4 or 5 figures easily. the secret? balance the scene.

if you have a figure thats at a distance, do you need that to be a V3/M3? does that figure need 4096x4096 textures? does it even need hair? = nope, since you won't see it! use low rez, have a texure set setup for that. say 1024x1024. looks like crap? who cares. it's not the main part of the scene, it's background.

midrange allow yourself more detail say texture ranges of 2048, mid range figure rez.

the main figures in the foreground? thats where you use your V3/M3's with the massively detailed textures etc.*

This is all good advice -- unless if you happen to want all 5 figures in the foreground, and at high res. Plus detailed hair and clothing for all of them. Plus numerous props in the scene. Plus a highly textured room......or buildings.......or plants........or whatever.

After a time, a copious amount of RAM is the best answer. Perhaps the only answer.

Especially when we are talking about Poser.

I've never worked in tS, but I strongly suspect that it's a bit more efficient in terms of memory management than another program that we all know and love.........

Something To Do At 3:00AM