Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 512RAM which System

Patschulynn opened this issue on Apr 13, 2005 ยท 28 posts

lmckenzie posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 10:17 PM

One thing that strikes me about all of these threads about how well Poser performs or even if it runs, is that Poser (especially the newer versions) seems to be very sensitive to it's hardware/software environment. People with semmingly nearly identical systems get wildly different results. It seems to me that the only way of possibly beginning to sort it all out is to collect standardized data and analyse it. Someone (should be CL) needs to collect the data from Windows System Info or some other little utility and put it in a database. Over time, some answers should emerge. If you're looking at performance, you need a standard P6 test scene too of course. As Xenophonz points out, expectations are a huge factor. I marvel at the patience of those who do multi-day renders and laugh at those whe are disappointed that Poser won't whip out their 100 fully armored Vicky battle scene at the speed of ILM's renderfarm.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken