Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is P5 and P6 Easier to Use Than P4

galactron22 opened this issue on Apr 15, 2005 ยท 11 posts

Richard T posted Sat, 16 April 2005 at 7:42 AM

Yes, The library structure is 200% better. Also P6 opens up, when pointed to same librarys as P4 in ~1 minute as opposed to ~5 minutes (50GB Runtime) Which is easier openening up a new (texture room) room with one click or Menu/Render/Materials. Try adjusting a dress to a sitting figure in P4, even if the dress is designed for it! Althoug there are a few steps to posing dynamic clothing, the first time you do it it's magic. Also you can save "Mat" files you have created in the material room, directly from P6 - try that in P4 If feel P6 lighting kills P4 lighting dead. Downside: Doesn't work in Vue (yet) and Hasn't got a box, in the material room, to apply materials to all material zones at once. I am on a P4 2.6GHZ with 1GB of ram and must admit I havn't tried any complex scenes yet although in P4 I tend to composite the Poser renders in a Paint program or Render Poser figures in Vue. Also I havn't played with procedural textures yet. I didn't like P5 and stayed with PP however I think P6 is great. Richard