Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Moan to Curious Labs: P6 full of bugs gone back to P5

DIMENSION_X opened this issue on Apr 16, 2005 ยท 38 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Sat, 16 April 2005 at 4:36 PM

Even with as much as I've had to say about the memory bug -- I heartily endorse P6 above and beyond all other versions of Poser.

Whenever P6 gets the fix for this one MAJOR issue, then it'll be like a Saturday afternoon with friends.

Or like a Saturday night.........

Don't misread me.

No one "fell for" anything when they bought Poser 6. It's got the potential. It's up to Curious Labs to fully unleash that potential.

Then we'll fly.

Even with the specter of the memory bug leering over my shoulder, I can still do things with P6 that I never would have dreamed of doing with P4/P5.

Believe me, I completely understand the frustration with the software. I have experienced it in operation myself -- although not quite to the degree that some of you have.

This bug seems to have differing effects on different people.

For a few individuals, the memory bug makes P6 almost impossible to use at all.

For others, the bug causes rendering problems with only 1 or 2 figures in a scene. While others of us have to go up to 3 or 4 figures with clothing, etc. before we see the problem.

Some people report corrupted files; others of us haven't had that happen.

A few individuals have files lock-up on them during posing. But most of us haven't seen the problem crop up anywhere except during renders.

And -- there are others that tell us that they've had no problems at all.........

.........must be nice.

But my advice would be to buy the software. To buy P6, that is.

Drooling? That's hard not to do. Especially once you've had the chance to get a hint of what Poser 6 can do for you.

After that, even thinking about going back to P5 would be like thinking about moving back into my old college apartment..........no, thanks.

Message edited on: 04/16/2005 16:40

Something To Do At 3:00AM