Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: That P6 memory thingie... can anyone help me... pleeeeese!

dona_ferentes opened this issue on Apr 25, 2005 ยท 14 posts

Demonika posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 9:17 PM

DEAR LORD!! I've had Poser 6 for a week now, been saving up for ages, had seen some of the new renders with it and thought, whoah! Looking good. I haven't managed to get a single render out of the damn thing, everything I've done no matter how basic, I've got the damn "not enough memory" message. I've increased windows virtual memory and I have 1gb of Ram so it's definitely not my pc messing up (for a change). I've tried disabling "use binary morph targets" and the memory message is still coming up. And the ironic thing? Being (overly) optomistic, I'd moved everything out of Poser 5 and deleted P5 to save space. Ah hah! How I'm regretting that now. Oh yes. I've got a new pc arriving this week, Athlon 3800 64 bit with 2gb of ram so I'm going to attempt moving everything over to see if I can get a render on the new machine. If not I'm going to bang my head on the desk and fingerpaint the blasted render in my own blood, sweat and tears. If anyone has any more ideas/tips/advice/aspirin regarding this memory problem I'd really love to know them. Otherwise I'm going to be emailing CL on the hour, every hour until the release a patch for this. I vaguely remember something similar happening with Poser 5, think it was mentioned in a forum somewhere. Something about P5 remembering everything that was used in a scene, even after it had been deleted. Hence memory becoming low. Dunno if it's the same kind of thing happening with P6 but I really do hope it gets sorted out soon.