Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Brief FX tute - muzzle flashes, smoke, blasts, bolts...

thip opened this issue on Apr 27, 2005 ยท 21 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Wed, 27 April 2005 at 3:47 PM

"Compositing software should have no influence on your 3d app"

I disagree (sort of). A 3D app with powerful and extensive G-Buffer output capability is far more beneficial to video editing, especially for compositing. Poser has very little in the way of render passes. P6 offers a "shadow only" pass, which is a step forward, but for compositing, I like to have diffuse, specular, shadows, key lights, Z-depth, alpha, velocity (for simulated motion blur), and ambient all in seperate render passes...

In a decent 3D app, you only really need to do a single pass, and it can seperate all those channels for you automatically. In Poser, you'd have to render multiple times, and change the scene specs for each one. That's some major wasted time there. Plus, you don't really have a good way to get half of the channels you may need or want. Opera, only XSI (that I know of) has an integrated post-compositing suite built into the app. The rest can output to various formats with G-Buffer data seperated, which is GREAT for putting them all together in a good video editor, but they don't have native post processing composite addons, if that's what you're asking. Message edited on: 04/27/2005 15:52

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.