Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "The Rig" -- CLSteve wants ideas

operaguy opened this issue on Apr 26, 2005 ยท 98 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Thu, 28 April 2005 at 2:56 AM

Something for morning then. I'm nearly there myself. :)

My clarification on "too far gone" is that maybe there is too much V3 content (god, I said that?!) that may not work with a renewed and improved V3. Such improvements may go to the wayside if noone can use current additions with them.

I was going to ask about the release expectations of VickyPro. First I've heard of it actually. Is this the next version Victoria from Daz3d?

About Point 1:

To a certain extent, I agree. It seems that to gain the overall potential of Poser, one must go beyond the basics and then beyond experience to some sort of mastery. It would be great if the advantages gained by years of experience and tweaking were already available rather than requiring the tedium to get the desired results.

Being a Cinema4D user, I have reaped the benefits of a responsive development team and quality user-company relationship. With each new version, the features that are most desired by the users are added - usually with astounding appraisal.

We are definitely getting good products/content for the cost. And I never scream about it - except in the case of Zygotes' recent human internal organ package. ;) But if improvements are evident and seem to be easily remedied, as you related to the shoulder issue above, why are they not introduced?

The question that I ask myself often is this: Okay, Poser is the only character package that has tons of pre-made content: clothing, hair, character morphs, and so on, but why do I have to live with the shortcomings that have been voiced for years and the small inadequacies that seem to never be addressed? Content is what makes Poser, but the content must start to achieve certain levels or Poser will forever remain a hobbyist's plaything. Obviously, I project more onto Poser than what many users would. :)

If improvements in Poser require more complexity, then interfaces should be derived to reduce it! This is definitely what I see has happened with the Material Room in P6. That is the correct approach. Have a "I'm not a nerd" interface for the non-hardcore users and a "Yeah, I'm a nerd" interface for the hardcore users who can't help tweaking and twiddling. Make it simple for the users who don't want to be bothered while availing the more detail-oriented users with a more complex interface. All around, this lacks in the Setup process.

Message edited on: 04/28/2005 02:59

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone