Forum: Community Center

Subject: Confusion about the Nudity flag

tlaloc321 opened this issue on Apr 28, 2005 ยท 43 posts

tlaloc321 posted Thu, 28 April 2005 at 9:45 AM

It seems, based on my recent experience with some messages sent to me, that many people who do not wish to see nudity in the galleries do not understand that there is a setting they can access to prevent this. They therefore click a thumbnail that has the nudity flag correctly set and are offended when they see nudity. Because some posters (myself included) use the word Nudity in the thumbnail or title, many people think that is the result of the poster setting the nudity flag when it is not. It is as if the ultra conscientious among us (those that give the word in the title or thumbnail) are setting up a false sense of security for those that do not understand the process completely. Perhaps the language could be added to what the viewer sees either on the title or thumbnail automatically when a poster checks the nudity flag eliminating the ambiguity. I am sure that many people have spent many hours thinking about how to handle all of this and I think the system they have come up with is a very good one so perhaps there are just always going to be some who do not yet understand regardless of what well planned out systems the designers are able to put in place.