Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 5.5 Review - A Drac Editorial

draculaz opened this issue on Apr 29, 2005 ยท 42 posts

Eugenius posted Sat, 30 April 2005 at 2:55 AM

Let me start by saying thanks Draculaz for your review on Bryce 5.5. I wasn't sure if I was going to upgrade to Bryce 5.5 or not, but given what I've read I guess I could wait for Bryce 6 or even 7. I do agree on one point from lordstormdragon is that given Daz was announcing Bryce 5.5 (and not 6), that we shouldn't have been too surprised on the limited upgrades that were made. I understand that Daz's choices on what has been upgraded isn't popular among Bryce die-hards, but I think that our high expectations should start on Bryce 6. Daz will hopefully learn from their mistakes, however they made sure that Bryce would import and intergrate with Daz products better; a corporate agenda that we should have seen coming. Personally, I would have preferred to see Mojoworld own Bryce rather than Daz, but at least we don't have to deal with Corel :-) "...and if you buy the cheapest 3D package on the market, expect the cheapest and lowest-par results." I don't agree with this statement however. In 3DWorld magazine, issue #62, there was a buyers' guide column for Landscape Generation programs. Bryce 5 had an 8 rating out of 10, beating Mojoworld 3, Worldbuilder Genesis and Worldbuilder Pro 4. Bryce 5 matched Vue 4 Professional and World Construction Set 6. Vue 5 Esprit had a 9 rating. Peace.