Forum: Community Center

Subject: Once again, SndCastie swings her indiscriminate morality axe

TerraDreamer opened this issue on May 01, 2005 ยท 150 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 4:46 PM

there are quite a few "older" members of this site who have either left, or, for the most part merely "lurk".

I don't know exactly how many "quite a few" is.....but I can see the surfer counter at the top of my webpage.

It's not getting smaller. It does, however -- seem to be headed in the opposite direction. Much, much larger than it was in the old days.

In addition to which: people always come and go. It's simply a matter of natural attrition. Some people move on to greener pastures. Others get bored with the entire Poser hobby and quit. Still others disappear for who-knows-what reasons.

If you were able to get a "time-warp modem" and visit this website as it will look five years into the future, then you will not recognize many of the names on the rolls..........

As our grandparents learned in their day: change is inevitable. As is a turnover in membership through the years. It's often sad to other long-term members -- but there it is.

Kind of like the place where the old neighborhood dime store used to stand. Now it's gone.

All that I can go by is the empirical evidence that can actually be verified and quantified.

Renderosity isn't shrinking. Perhaps the day will come when it will.......but not today. And certainly not when it's compared with other sites that have chosen a different management philosophy.

Not that the methods of those other sites are invalid.

But one can only judge results by results. Not by what one's ideology insists "should" be the case.

Something To Do At 3:00AM