Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What's the BEST way to make face morphs?

ghelmer opened this issue on May 02, 2005 ยท 35 posts

Photopium posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 2:56 AM

Body 0 EyeTranZRight Spline 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeTranYRight Spline 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeTranXRight Spline 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeScaleRight Spline 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeTranZLeft Spline 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeTranYLeft Spline 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeTranXLeft Spline 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeScaleLeft Spline 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeUpDown Linear -0.9600 65 Body 0 EyeSideSide Linear -0.6000 65 Body 0 EyeUDSS1 Linear 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeUDSS2 Linear 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeTranZ Linear -0.5400 65 Body 0 EyeTranXSplit Linear 1.0800 65 Body 0 EyeTranY Linear 4.2200 65 Body 0 EyeScale Linear 0.0000 65 Body 0 EyeRotYSplit Linear 0.0000 65 ------------------- These are my Slave Dials, which I put under "Body" UDSS1 and 2 are "Up/Down and Side/Side" which come in handy You can create these channels in cr2edit by copying existing body morphs and then renaming them. The hard part is adding the code to each eye I have a pz2 to add the code easily if you have those body morphs in place, but alas I have nowhere to host. Other pz2's exist in freestuff I think to do similar things, but I believe none are as all-inclusive as mine. The joy is this: You can lock the eyes, so poses will never screw them up ever again. It won't lock the slave dials from affecting them. Molly does have that certain something, doesn't she? Hairstyle sure is important, that's for sure. I can't find any hair model that will foot the bill for Molly. I need hair where the bangs are pulled back and Under the rest of the length. (That's her standard style). As far as I know, no poser hair exists. I messed around with Zbrush a bit back in the day, wasn't too thrilled but have been away for god knows how many updates and versions, so maybe it's time? That's Tom Cruise, I'm certain, yet I'd love to see a side-by-side on that because I keep looking at it going...what is it that's not quite cruisey about it? Brows leap to mind, I seem to envision TC with thicker brows. The nose in profile rubs me the wrong way, but this may be a memory flaw on my part. Totally excellent, either way and your brain must be cloned and shared for all so that we may all have such great looking textures/nodes/etc. lol Again, I am reminded of how difficult it is to put a good EL into poses and actions. A character comes to life in how they express facially, and no matter how good your character is in default, you're probably going to wet 'em in frustration once you try to raise a brow or open a lip. Once you realize that every possible expression you can concieve will have to be morphed individually for each character, well...it's overwhelming. There's no magic "Unismile" that works on every individual character. When I imagine my imaginary critics, I imagine their number one complaint with my gallery is that my characters lack expression. This is why lol. Still, the quest goes on. -WTB