Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What's the BEST way to make face morphs?

ghelmer opened this issue on May 02, 2005 ยท 35 posts

face_off posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 3:21 AM

Well if you put the above profile shot up against Tom (which I haven't - since of course I didn't model it on him), you'd probably find that Tom's nose is actually bigger. And yes - the eyebrows could be bushier. As for expressions....they are pretty good on the above morph (it's Hunter from DAZ). I suspect ZBrushed morphs handle DAZ expression morphs much better than dial morphed shapes, since I could control the vertex positions pretty well with the ZBrush morph - and there are other tricks.....like I made up a texturemap which is all white, but with black lines for the major facial features and lines, so while morphing, it's possible to ensure parts of the face (polys) don't end of where they shouldn't. The biggest issue with ZB is that you only have the perspective camera, and you can't control it's focal length, so version 1 of Hunter looked exactly like T....errr looked exactly right, but then imported into Poser he looked out of proportion (with the camera f-len at 100). Took 24 interations of ZB into Poser to get it right.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook