Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What's the BEST way to make face morphs?

ghelmer opened this issue on May 02, 2005 ยท 35 posts

BastBlack posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 8:50 AM

Cool thread. I admit I spend 99% of time doing custom faces. LOL. William_the_Bloody, you're write-up of the process is so true! But I don't spend months on a project, I spend YEARS on a project! I did likenesses when I first got into Poser, but now I'm doing something even more challenging, interpeting anime characters into realistic 3D characters, (and doing subjective likenesses avoids ethic issues of celebrity likenesses imho). The Mean and Ugly morphs at Daz are also very useful to me as well as using UMT to transfer V3 and David morphs to M3. The process goes like this: I first come up with who I would cast in a live action version of the anime, create a likeness morph, sometimes combine likenesses to create a person who doesn't exist but retains the facial characteristics that define the character, and then I asain-ize them if they aren't asain to begin with, (sometimes I have to correct gender. I have used female likeness for a Bishie and then had to mascilize). Last step is artistic tweaking until the face is pleasant looking and unquie from all other faces. Then test the face with fans to gauge reaction. Repeat the entire process many, many times.... My Inuyasha is 65% River Pheonix. Sesshomaru is 50% Cate Blanchett. The preview image is rendered with no texture maps and only the M3 tr for eyebrows and lashes. bB