Forum: Community Center

Subject: Confusion about the Nudity flag

tlaloc321 opened this issue on Apr 28, 2005 ยท 43 posts

tlaloc321 posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 9:29 PM

You have so hit the nail on the head with your addition to my little thread here. I feel exactly the same way. If I could add a bit as well I would like to bring anyone who is reading thiss attention to films of the last 20 years, at least feature films made in the US. I remember the good old 80s when I came of age watching in awe the R rated material that was produced back then. You could so count on the average R rated action thriller to have a musically scored, slow camera panning, crossfade transitioned, low light, sex scene between the 2 principals with female breasts clearly shown. The violence was basically a lot of guns being fired that rarely seems to hit anything or draw blood (oh and if real guns jammed as much as the ones on the movies, the Army etc. would resort to throwing stones instead). Now adays, the average R rated action movie has NO and I repeat NO sex or nudity at all (well hardly any) and thousands of frames of the most horrific and explicit violence that modern special effects can produce. It is an interesting shift over the last 20 years. I know there is a lot of sex and violence in movies today but I am thinking of the main stream action flicks that attract so many viewers like the first Terminator vs. the third illustrates this point perfectly. I am not trying to be critical just observing the trends, thanks for everyone who has volunteered their thoughts.