Forum: Community Center

Subject: Once again, SndCastie swings her indiscriminate morality axe

TerraDreamer opened this issue on May 01, 2005 ยท 150 posts

dialyn posted Wed, 04 May 2005 at 2:13 PM

Tiptoeing back in, I think some of us have the bizarre notion that we "win" if we are the last post, so it becomes "tag, you're it" to get that last post in and get more points (as in more postings) than someone else. Especially if you are trying to get in before a thread gets shut down or moved. Why else would this have gone on for, now, 103 postings? I include myself in that bad habit. When I see my brilliant words ignored, or (more often) misinterpreted and quoted out of context, I tend to want to jump back on the thread and it explain it all over again. Or add additional information no one much cares about. How very tedious of me. But I have lots of company. The truth is the majority of community members don't care. Period. Doesn't matter what the topic is. I need to remember that simple fact before I post instead of realizing it, yet again, after I've wasted yet another chunk of bandwith. Now the constant posters can jump in and tell me how wrong I am and how I misunderstood what they said and yadda yadda yadda, and who am I to have an opinion anyway (yeah, you're right...I shouldn't be so bold as to have an opinion different from yours). I'm going to lunch. Take care all. Maybe I'll take a look and see how this is progressing around Message #200.