Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Been to RDNA lately? (BIG news!)

DCArt opened this issue on May 13, 2005 ยท 48 posts

xoconostle posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 2:07 PM

There's always someone to rain on a parade, but in all fairness, Anton has been "away" for long enough that "newbies" may not know who he is or why he's significant in the Poser scene. Anton Kisiel made a great name for himeself during the years that he was a content creator for DAZ Productions. He's an exceptionally talented modeller with a strong altruistic streak, as evidenced by his recent helpful postings to this forum. The list of his significant past creations is too long to go into here ... suffice to say that a lot of the "star" products in DAZ' arsenal (to this day) were his creation. Although he's no longer involved, DAZ' Platinum Club was his baby. The content Anton created for DAZ helped that company to establish their product line's initial "look and feel." Before DAZ' release of their David mesh was public knowledge, Anton let it be known that he was working on a new male mesh, Maximus, which many felt would be superior to the fine-but-problematic Michael 3 mesh. The Maximus project was shelved during what I guess you'd call the professional "divorce" between DAZ and Anton. Let's not revisit all that right now, ok? :-) Most of us assumed that Maximus would never see the light of day. Anton took time off from the Poser Community to attend to personal matters, and has been gradually re-emerging in recent weeks. Today's announcement at RDNA is good news because Anton will now have an appropriate venue for his creations, and because Maximus will indeed be released. I hope he'll pursue the female counterpart he'd mentioned in the past as well. There's a very brief version of The Anton Story. I hope he'll laugh when he reads this. :-)