Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Any MODO users?

dvisuals opened this issue on May 15, 2005 ยท 10 posts

BazC posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 3:15 AM

There is a Modo demo now, check their site.

Just don't be fooled into thinking a high price tag means it's a better app! I've not tried Modo yet but from what I've read it's still missing some important features and probably couldn't be described as mature. Silo is missing some features as well in my opinion. I doubt there is anything you could model in Modo that you couldn't in Silo (or Wings for that matter, and Wings is free) but Modo probably has a wider range of techniques available. I believe it has fairly good spline tools whereas Silo's spline options are very primitive. Then again Cinema CE has very good spline tools and that's free!

Bottom line is you've got to try them yourself and see which you prefer. The new Eovia modeller Hexagon sounds very good and may be just what you're looking for, no demo yet though.

Is Modo worth the extra $$$, in my opinion NO modeller is worth that much. Bear in mind XSI experience is about $200 cheaper, has all the tools you're ever likely to need (including animation, dynamics, top of the line renderer etc..... and is one of the most respected apps on the planet! No mac version though unfortunately. I think Luxology's pricing strategy is waaaay off. But maybe that's just me! - Baz Oops! Cross posted there Kemal!

Message edited on: 05/16/2005 03:18