Forum: Bryce

Subject: NYC update...

Ang25 opened this issue on May 16, 2005 ยท 35 posts

BOOMER posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:51 PM

Hey All, I finally got some down time after a literally NON-STOP weekend. I have to say that we had an excellent time in NYC this past weekend. For me, it started off a little late. I had gone out the night before and due to a little bit more traffic than I anticipated, I was the last one to arrive. I pulled up right in front of the Roosevelt statue, jumped out of my truck and asked if I was late. (We were supposed to meet at 11-11:30 and I got there a little before 12)and Miden(Mike) hops off the wall and informs me that Ang25 and Quest just walked away. Quick introductions were made and I sped off to park. When I came back, I met Ang and Quest and we found out way to a small restaurant a block or so away from the museum. Ang wasn't too fond of the bread or the menu. Actually, none of us were too fond of the menu. The bamboo steamed vegetable dumplings didn't appeal to any of us while the Grilled Burger made its way to Ang's front. Point is, there were some strangely named dishes on the menu, but we all managed to find something we liked. The wait staff were definitley not the sharpest tacks in the box, but they managed. Thank you again to Quest for treating us. We then made our way to the museum and started on the 4th floor where the dinosaur exhibits were and from there, we didn't stop walking. We were basically on the move for about 4-5 hours straight. Working our way down through the different floors and exhibits, we went to the planetarium. Max and I picked up some space ice cream....Max, knock yourself out. It's all yours, bud. The ladies wanted to stop by the mineral and jewel exhibit which was pretty interesting. I've never seen jewels the size of my fist before. At closing, 5:30, we made out way into Central Park for a little walk and some texture gathering from the area. How did they turn out, btw? A short walk later and we were up by the castle which is on high ground and giving you a nice view. Yes, Ang25 was the slow member of our party, but we never left her behind. :-) Eventually, we made our way to a small restaurant where we stopped off for a drink and a "snack" for Max. It was around 7 or so that we made our way back to the parking garage and said our goodbyes (my brother flew up from Florida and I wanted some time with him). The short and sweet, we had an excellent time and the weather could not have been better. I have a feeling that the weather man had a case of the dumbass when he predicted rain. Angelo, Angela, Mike & Lucy and Max, thanks for a great day. It is something we need to do again, but starting earlier (and not driving 100 miles out of the way.....MIKE!!!!!) next time.

Because I like to blow $%&# up.

Don't fear the night.  Fear what hunts at night.