Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Casette opened this issue on May 19, 2005 ยท 91 posts

xoconostle posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 1:12 PM

"Lucas hasn't learned a thing in 30 years, except how to sell toys and games." For what it's worth, he's learned a LOT about shooting a major film entirely digitally. My contacts at ILM claim that the process created major headaches and schedule setbacks on Episode II, but by virtue of trial-and-error learning, principle digital photography came in ahead of schedule on "Sith," granting the postproduction teams more time to fine-tune. I realize that the technical aspects of cinema are not enough to make a truly great film. Case in point: The Last Samurai. Beautiful cinematography, exquisite costumes and locations, wretchedly poor film. (Don't all flame me at once. It's a bad movie, ok?) Thing is, Carolly, and I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but for a lot of us, we KNOW that the newer Star Wars films are "bad movies," but kinda love 'em anyway, just because it's a return to the alternate universe that had such an influence on our lives, cultures, and aesthetics. Internationally. So, yeah, the dialogue stinks, the acting is mostly wooden, and Lucas ruins battle scenes with idiotic gag jokes. But what eye candy, and what fun as an overall event! I look forward to seeing "Sith" with my best friend and trashing the heck out of the flaws while secretly treating my inner 13-year-old boy to the fireworks. :-)