Forum: Fractals

Subject: To Comment..or Not To Comment

fractalinda opened this issue on May 19, 2005 ยท 69 posts

Mags61 posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 1:58 PM

I so agree with your sentiments. I have greatly reduced the number of comments I make, sticking strictly to the images I really like and admire regardless of who created them. I have noticed that I've received fewer comments myself recently although I truly believe that my art is improving. Some people's comments are definitely 'conspicuous by their absence now' but I hope this means that the people who do comment are doing it for the right reasons and those are the comments I value. I have toyed with the idea of leaving the comment option off altogether - I left the 'ranking' off a long time ago - but I think I would find it frustrating if I really wanted to comment on something and couldn't so have left it on for the time being. I, too, hope people understand and are not offended or think I'm ungrateful - everyone appreciates a bit of encouragement - I just need to get out of the 'you've commented on mine so I must comment on yours' situation. Mags

We don't cease to play because we grow old, we grow old because we cease to play.