Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A honest comment The RANT

Bobbie25 opened this issue on May 19, 2005 ยท 45 posts

SnowSultan posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 6:50 PM

I wonder if I'm missing something every time this discussion comes up, because I leave constructive criticism on images fairly often (it's always quite gentle, but still) and have never had any complaints or trolling. No offense intended to any commenting visitor who has been pounded by overly-sensitive artists, but I'd be interested in seeing just how your suggestions were worded. I've left suggestions for improvement on images by Prog, SofiaDeer and ToxicAngel (yes, I live life on the edge), and not only did I live to tell about it, but one of them personally wrote back and thanked me and another actually made the changes I mentioned. ;) Whenever anyone leaves ideas for improving my images, I always take them seriously and keep them in mind for future works. Someone mentioned a long time ago that my painted hair was a little too soft compared to the rest of the image, and I've gone to extra trouble to avoid that ever since. I really think it's more about how you phrase your comment than anything else. If your native language and the artist's native language aren't the same, say so; this will help prevent misunderstandings. Mix your suggestions with praise and try to avoid coming across as if you're a superior artist and I'm sure quite a bit more of these incidents can be avoided. Anyway, just my opinion as always. Thanks, take care. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.