Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free Human Figures from Zygote

Mazak opened this issue on May 15, 2005 ยท 160 posts

sixus1 posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 12:57 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserforums.com/viewforum.php?f=131

With our license (which isn't based on GPL/GNU), what ever you create from the Open Source content is yours to do with as you please. You do have the option of contributing back to the Open Source project and then what you contribute would have the same license as the original open source content. Example: You download the new Project Human female figure. You create a catsuit derived from the mesh and use the JP's from the CR2. You can give it away as a freebie, sell it, or make a contribution to the open source project...which will make it then open source content for all to share. You could take the original mesh, alter it in a 3D program...output a new mesh and sell it. It is up to you. I am working on a FAQs for our stuff to answer questions like these. I don't know what kind of lisence e-F (CL) or Zygote is going to use for thier open-source figures, so I am only speaking for Sixus1. These figures and Open Source content are going to be available to everyone. It is up the individual if they take advantage of a new resource or not based on their needs. I am not trying to push this idea or materials onto anyone, I am only trying to clarify for those that are interested. **For the record, we have been working up to this for some time. It started with the old Project Human and us giving away figure for free. It was a kind of reverse thing...instead of giving away support products for our figures, we gave away figures for the support products. With what we are going to do next, we aren't doing some marketing scheme to make money. This is truely a way to give back to the community and hopefully help foster something new and creative in some people. A way for people to stop worrying so much about licenses and just have fun. If people want to read more into it than that, then there isn't anything that I could say that would sway them otherwise. --Rebekah--