Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A honest comment The RANT

Bobbie25 opened this issue on May 19, 2005 ยท 45 posts

Tiari posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 1:40 PM

In my opinion, I just find there is a difference between critiquing on artistic merit, and critiquing on what someone likes or doesn't. I generally get this type of thing on other galleries, and not so much on renderosity. An example would be a painting i have done of a figure. I find it acceptable to tell me the shading is off, shadowing is bad, I missed details or could paint the hair better. I'm okay with something more like, "the expression seems a little too flat/ or / exaggerated". "Not enough details in the clothes", "You need to work on painting cloth more". These are all great recommendations and comments. Critiques that set me off? "She's too skinny", "I dont like that outfit on her", "I don't like her lips, they are too full", "he looks to effeminate", "Put more clothes on her". I am never looking to please everyone's tastes, and I often get comments like this, because, heaven forbid, I paint people with realistic bodies. Yes, stretch marks, acne, ill-proportioned features. People commenting sometimes miss, we're looking for comments on artistical merritt, not wether or not you'd sleep with the person we've painted.