Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free Human Figures from Zygote

Mazak opened this issue on May 15, 2005 ยท 160 posts

lmckenzie posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 7:50 PM

Hmmmm, let me take a wild guess that a few people would disagree with that opinion, UC's lawyers foremost. It's a licensing scheme. Some like it, some don't. That doesn't make it stupid that I can see. Microsoft, Apple, Juniper Networks and many others have benefited from it. Apparently, the Berkley folks thought it was OK. The fact that you're not forced to tithe back sounds more "free and open" to me than the alternative. I'm sure there's something I'm missing hers but...If someone can make a super morphing Mimic vagina for Lucy and make money from it rather than be forced to give it away, will that not be a greater incentive for people to make super morphing Mimic vaginas? Will the limited market not discourage the production of a dozen incompatible vaginas, not that anyone can't make one and give it away if they choose to? I hear the dire predictions of greedy sinners despoiling the garden and bringing on the apocalypse, I just don't see how it plays out, though admittedly, no KoolAid has passed my lips. If it's true, then these figures are evil and we should burn them like Harry Potter books at a Baptist convention.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken