Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT, but HAVE to vent about some LOUSY Parents!

webmaster421 opened this issue on May 22, 2005 ยท 38 posts

webmaster421 posted Mon, 23 May 2005 at 10:01 AM

A few of you have written that perhaps someone could have paid for the syrup for the little girl? I'm just wondering, do you think that maybe something like that is, um, enabling the parents to not act responsibly towards the girl in the future? I mean, by paying for the syrup when the parents DID have the money but decided to buy beer instead, wouldn't that have sent a message to the parents that, "Hey...it's OK that I am paying because I know you are too poor to buy it for her? So go home and drink your 2 cases of beer and while you're getting drunk...have no fear cuz some stranger will always be there to take care of your child?" I don't know if that came out quite the way I meant it to? Perhaps just getting their license plate number would have been the best way to go. I am thinking now that paying for the syrup wouldn't have solved the problem. Those parents most likely do things like this all the time and maybe turning them in would have been a badly needed wake-up call instead. There were several witnesses to this lovely little scene, so CPS would have the 'evidence' needed to start an investigation. What do you guys think?