Forum: Challenge Arena

Subject: May Challenge Theme

hauksdottir opened this issue on May 08, 2005 ยท 47 posts

hauksdottir posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 5:42 AM

RimRunner, My goal is an exuberant rock, leaping into the sky with joy. I found these gorgeous halo pictures, including some from the NOAA site which would be ok to use, but also found a little simulator program which seems more designed for astronomers and weather scientists than for artists. :deep sigh: Running up a sky in Bryce is eeeeeeasy compared to determining the angles on ice crystals! And after a night of making pretty patterns... I discovered that it only saves ONE image at a time, the first one. :( ALL of my color on color skies are gone. :((( Anniemation and I got together last Saturday when she was out here, and among the things we discussed was how learning new programs keeps the rust off the braincells. Sometimes it seems more like steelwool. (ouch, ouch, ouch) Oh, well... challenges are supposed to get us to stretch, even if the results aren't going to show in the final image. I have to decide now whether to try to use this one, or go back into the program and wrestle with it some more to try to recreate what I'd noodled together a couple of nights ago. If I can't get this to work, I'll just enter a photo, but at least you've given me a bit more time. Thanks! Carolly