Forum: Fractals

Subject: To Comment..or Not To Comment

fractalinda opened this issue on May 19, 2005 ยท 69 posts

pinktwister posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 1:13 PM

A week or so ago, I read a similar posting in the forum. One of the comments made was to "try posting comments to every image and see what happens to increase the postings under your own images" -- "I'll pat your back if you pat mine"... so, I decided just to test the theory to see if this was true, because being gullible, I guess, I wanted to believe it wasn't true. Well, I guess I'll never know because I got to post on about 20 images before I ran out of steam!! LOL This is a GREAT place to learn, if not from the comments, then just by seeing what others are doing and keep trying to learn from different effects that others are creating and from some really helpful forum comments and postings. Since I travel quite a bit, I don't always get to post, either my art or comments, but I do always enjoy doing both. If I get comments on my art, its always a "feel good" just that someone took their time to view my novice efforts. I do have my favorite artists, like most people do, mostly by viewing their work and thinking, "Gee, I wish I could do that!", so I have a tendency to follow their works and try to learn from their creations; maybe if I live another 20 years or so, I might get to be half as good as one of them. :) I feel like I'm getting better, with time and practice, but I also feel that I oft times post something second or third rate, just to have something in the gallery. Not a good thing. Okay, I'm rambling... Personally, I feel like I need to spend more time practicing techniques, etc., and less time fretting about posting a piece of mediocre art, or commenting on others' work. But being a creature of human nature, I enjoy the camaraderie in a group setting, and I really enjoy seeing what others are doing even though I don't always have the inclination, or the words, to express myself. I just hope this continues to be a place of encouragement (words from others, even though they may be few and far between) and joy (from viewing others' creations). I'll shut up now.... whew!