Forum: Fractals

Subject: To Comment..or Not To Comment

fractalinda opened this issue on May 19, 2005 ยท 69 posts

Mags61 posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 1:17 PM

I'm sorry Rykk but I don't think the crux of this thread has anything to do with the H20 list - does anyone really care whether they are on it or not anyway? Posting to the gallery shouldn't be a competition - it should be to share pictures, be inspired by other people's pictures and to learn from others who are more skilful if they have the time to help. I thought we were talking about lack of constructive criticism in the comments, i.e. they're all fabulous, wonderful, etc and the fact that if you don't comment on someone's picture then they won't comment on yours - talk about back to the playground! I'm definitely going to stick to my idea of judging how my pictures are doing by the number of views they receive (see post above). I don't think my opting out will affect anyone but me - and if it allows someone to 'rise to the top' as you put it (competitive again!) then good luck to them if it makes them happy.

We don't cease to play because we grow old, we grow old because we cease to play.