Forum: Fractals

Subject: To Comment..or Not To Comment

fractalinda opened this issue on May 19, 2005 ยท 69 posts

sammi posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 1:56 PM

" I thought we were talking about lack of constructive criticism in the comments" i personally would appreciate more constructive criticism on my work. i also have difficulty with expressive language, that has sometimes also to do with not being sure what is okay to say and what isn't ie, i do not understnd this need for putting eggs and spheres onto ones work, obviously i'm not understanding what people here think is good and what isn't so it's probably better to say nothing. when i see a good flame or similar i say exactly that, it's good or i like it, which makes me sound a bit gormless i'm sure but i know how i do my work and the lighting composition etc is the last thing i look for - i haven't a clue how to make the lighting different in apo. as to the hot 20, well, it annoys me and now i ignore it, it is similar to how many comment you get on your work, i know those who are genuine will comment if they like, and, it is certainly so the less you comment on others work the less comments you recieve. it's a silly game really. not everyone has time to look at all the works but when i look at the thumbnails and click on the ones that catch my eye i comment, hopefully without having to do tit-for-tat. i appreciate comments, more constructive ones may get me out of my lazyness and lack of attention to detail, atm it is like --oh well i can post anything and it's all right and i'll get a lot of comments if i comment on oher peoples work, and, that's really not right.