Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 SP1 Soon - a defination - what am I missing

ceba opened this issue on May 24, 2005 ยท 27 posts

rdf posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 11:59 PM

The word 'soon' has never had any specific meaning. Soon as compared to what? Taken within the context of software development, I suppose one might be able to narrow it down somewhat, but it still can, and often does, mean months -- at least. I've done some programming myself, and there are a whole lot of variables. One can never be sure what may jump out and bite you. You can have personnel problems. You can have hardware issues, issues with your other software vendors and utilities that are absolutely necessarily for your development. You can run into compiler bugs, component bugs, undocumented 'features' of the operating system you're developing for, conflicts with other widely used but improperly designed drivers or applications, ad infinitum ... I want SR1, too. I want it. But it takes as long as it takes. You don't like it? Well then, we're all waiting for the show-stopping CG application you're about to develop, always deliver without defects, and always on schedule. Feel free to show us all how it's done. If you can come through on that, then I think it's safe to say we'll all sing your praises until the end of time. It takes as long as it takes. That's just how it is.