Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 sr1 bug list

Gareee opened this issue on May 27, 2005 ยท 31 posts

R_Hatch posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 7:53 AM

ByAnton: no, they don't even work in SreeD. This is one of the dumbest bugs in a 3d program EVER. As an example, I am forced to add extra lights to a scene before loading older light sets, due to the fact that Poser refuses to create shadowcams for any light that doesn't exist before it's loaded from the library. I just did so with one particular set, adding a total of 10 lights to the scene. The lightset has only 4, yet Poser insists on creating 4 additional lights to load the set. Thus I have 14 lights total, 10 that are off with shadowcams, and 4 that are on but don't have shadowcams.

Also, trying to copy and paste from lights doesn't even work consistently, due to even the parameters themselves being named inconsistently depending on how stupid Poser is feeling at the time. THIS IS RIDICULOUS BEYOND BELIEF!

I will now offer up a solution, since CL/EF's programmers aren't able to tackle this: In a directory under Runtime, there would be a file named "default_light.lt2" or something similar. This file would be used whenever Poser wants to create a new light, or add lights from a library. When creating new lights, the light type defined in the file would add lights of that type (I hate the creation of spotlights by default). When loading lights from a library set, the library file would only be queried for light types and parameter settings. It would not create lights without shadowcams, instead it would load lights and set their shadows to OFF.

I don't mean to sound like I'm belittling the programmers of Poser, because they produce a top notch program. However, many bugs that are frequently encountered are frustratingly simple to fix, but since I can't actually edit the Poser.exe, there's nothing I can do personally except bring it up again and again. BTW, I first noticed this bug, and posted about it, when Poser 4 was the current version...

Message edited on: 05/28/2005 07:56