Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: 3DCG contest

pjanak opened this issue on May 28, 2005 ยท 19 posts

svdl posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 3:13 PM

There's a lot of stages to create a 3D image: modeling, texturing, composition, lighting, rendering, postwork. Modeling is just one of those aspects. Overemphasizing the importance of modeling is rather shortsighted IMO. Myself, I do a bit of each stage. While I'm not good enough a modeler to create a human figure that is even half the quality of good old Posette, I do model clothes. I prefer procedural textures to mapped textures, mainly because I totally suck at creating texture maps in a 2D program. Lighting and composition is what I spend most of my efforts on. And I almost never do postwork, again, because I suck at 2D. The tools I use are 3DS Max for modeling, Poser for posing, morphing and composition (sometimes for rendering too), Vue for additional composition, lighting and renders. So modeling is not the main part of what I do. Is my work worthless because I don't model that much? I don't think so (my work may be worthless because of other reasons though).

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff