Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: First human figures from the Open3DProject!

Mazak opened this issue on Jun 02, 2005 ยท 24 posts

sixus1 posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 8:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.project-human.com/

Sorry for those of you who were confused. We were going to be releasing our open source figures anyway, which just happen to coincide with what Zygote was doing also. So, there was a joint release of sorts. With that said. The Project Human: Male and Female are figures created by Sixus1. They are fully posable and ready to roll in Poser. Specifically packaged for P6, but will work in P4 and up. The Zygote figures are simply obj files that haven't been rigged for Poser, yet. But, anyone can take that task on. Great practice. :) Also, keep in mind...(specifically speaking for Project Human figures) you can do whatever you want with them. You can re-rig them to suit your designs; change the UV maps; morph/sculpt them; chop them up and use pieces of them and do whatever you would like. You give away the results, sell them, use them commercially while retaining the copyright to the end results changes that you have made. You also have the option of contributing/donating your creations back into the open source project for others to share. I am working on a F.A.Q. at our site with our interpretation of the license and any other common questions. If you have any...shoot them my way so that I can address them. From our end, this was intended to Open things up for people who want to learn and share. We don't intend/expect for our figures to replace your humans in your runtime. If you like them, cool. If you don't, that is cool too. :) BTW--as soon as I can update everything this week coming up, Behemoth, Adam, Britta and H.I.M from us are also going full Open Source under the new license. We also have the low-poly version of the figures to go out sometime soon. And we also are going to be trying to release versions for other programs. Anyway, happy rendering everyone. --Rebekah--