Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ***Wanna make it into a poster ???

DigitalHandout opened this issue on Feb 08, 2001 ยท 11 posts

bloodsong posted Thu, 08 February 2001 at 11:38 AM

heyas; butch, many of the things downloaded from the net are copyrighted, and digitalhandout cannot lawfully make money from them. please make sure you follow all international copyright laws. digital: there is a pretty big demand for a service that makes large prints of artwork. you could probably turn it into a nice sideline here on this site alone. however.... well, i have to question you about the quality. you say 'poster-sized colour copier.' not a printer? if it's not hooked up to a computer, how do the images get into it to print out? you print an 8x10 and enlarge it to a poster? this would not be the best way to go about things. then there's the print quality, the colour matching (how accurate the colour comes out), the lightfastness of the inks, etc etc. but hey, for a quick and cheap poster for yourself, or your relatives, sounds pretty good. i have doubts anybody would use your service to, say, create a dozen prints they try to sell. :) but i dunno, haven't seen the quality. you might post this over on the exchange, or on the site ideas/improvements board. that's where i usually bug 'em about offering print services. ;)