Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: POSER'S FUTURE MODELS?

Ultra opened this issue on Jun 05, 2005 ยท 22 posts

maclean posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 4:54 PM

'If Poser came with the DAZ figures, it would have to sell for several hundred dollars more in order to cover the costs of the models..' I have to disagree with that, carolly. Now that DAZ give away vicki/mike free, that argument doesn't hold water. I'm not saying DAZ wouldn't want some sort of return, but in view of the amount of sales they'd get from add-ons, they'd probably keep it to a very nominal sum. I do agree that Curious Labs don't really need to add that sort of content. As you say, people can get their toes wet with the default figures, then decide what they want to buy. Nor do I agree with Antonia that DAZ are competitors to CL. The two companies are providing software, but they both know that more software choice only increases user interest. Steve yatson's comments during the P6 release on the 'imaginary' rivalry between CL and DAZ were quite iilluminating. (Basically he said the 'rivalry' is all in our collective imagination, and the two companies get on fine now). I will make one wild prophesy. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Zygote arming their way into the market through CL. They seem to be trying in every way imaginable to become a recognised content provider. mac