Forum: Writers

Subject: Could someone take a look at my resume? (I need some advice plus I have questio

1eo opened this issue on Jun 08, 2005 ยท 12 posts

dialyn posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 7:38 AM

I hope you didn't just print your real address and phone number and place it on the Internet. I wouldn't take that risk.

"I am prone to to fast learn new programs" isn't quite right (though I understand what you mean). "Proficient in drafting and web page design, I can also create 3-D models in a fast-paced environment. I quickly learn and become proficient with new software." (BTW I don't like my version either...but I am rushing to get dressed for work.)

Normally I wouldn't think of putting graphics on a resume, but it is completely appropriate considering the business you are in.

I don't think you need to say you are a professional photographer...that is covered by your eight years in commercial photography. Instead of saying "I have an extensive amount of experience....," I would simply write: "I have extensive experience...."

I agree with bicycle in that you might want to consider a Word version of the resume. The font (for me) is a little hard to read....you might want to consider using a more standard font. I would not put the resume in color. You want to have the resume look sharp if someone copies in for committee consideration, and not everyone uses color copies or printers (I realize in your profession, they probably do, but don't count on it).

And feel safe to ignore any comments that don't seem relevant. :)

Impressive resume. Good luck!

Message edited on: 06/09/2005 07:40