Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Computer Ramping up in Poser 4 Pro Pack

thanos67 opened this issue on Jun 08, 2005 ยท 9 posts

lmckenzie posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 3:06 AM

Wow, that's more machines (and CPU horsepower) than I've ever owned! I've been using computers long enough to know that absolutely anything is possible. It would be interesting to maybe get a survey thread going and see what other people's experiences are. Such a dramatic (and audible) experience should be pretty easy to determine. I have heard od Poser running up a system during rendering, just not when idle. I probably wouldn't notice the sound difference on my old wind tunnel but the performance graph should be reasonably accurate. My only guess would be that if this doesn't happen to everyone, there should be some common factor or factors but it's hard to think of any, if you've shut off all background processes (anti-virus, messengers, etc.) and non-essential services. It's probably foolish to ask if you always update Poser tothe latest patch level when installing. That's about all I can think of other than if they were all hooked to a LAN or broadband router. Heck, maybe even the same printer/scanner/mouse or monitor--grasping at elusive straws :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken